The ISCC approach:
- Ensuring traceability in global supply chains
- Calculating and reducing GHG emissions
- Implementing social and ecological sustainability criteria
- Monitoring deforestation-free supply chains
- Avoiding conversion of biodiverse grassland
ISCC provides the basis for ensuring that sustainability claims made by products are fully audited. It traces them back to the original feedstock and calculates emissions for the entire supply chain. ESL Fuels became certified in August 2021. The European Commission officially recognises ISCC EU under the Renewable Energy Directive (RED II).
ISCC is a recognised sustainability scheme under the Department for Transport’s Renewable Transport Fuel Obligation (RTFO) Order.
If ESL Fuels supplies a renewable fuel for a non-obligated use under the RTFO Order then the customer will be issued an ISCC Proof of Sustainability.